Monday, March 30, 2009

New Painting - "the last one"


"the last one"

Happy Monday everyone!

Today's daily work is a painting. I finished it over the weekend. And a happy accident happened on this one. I painted the "berry" with opaque acrylic in vermilion which has a very matte appearance. Then I added tiny red dots to give it more shape. But it still didn't look like a berry so I added high gloss varnish and let it dry naturally (usually I have the old hair dryer out) and a great thing happened...the varnish dried around the dots so they are still raised up and it really looks like a delicious & shiny red berry! Love when something unexpected happens like that.

This painting is available at my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Cathy Nichols Art said...

This is one of my all-time Melissa Moss favorites. The colors, the theme, everything -- wonderful!

Christophe said...

I really like too! With the story about the berry it is even better :)

Jacqueline said...

I really adore this one too! Loving the colors and the berry adds a nice touch to the painting!
Have a lovely merry happy day and lots of love to you and yours!

Felicia Monique said...

I love your creativity!