Monday, March 30, 2009
New Painting - "the last one"
"the last one"
Happy Monday everyone!
Today's daily work is a painting. I finished it over the weekend. And a happy accident happened on this one. I painted the "berry" with opaque acrylic in vermilion which has a very matte appearance. Then I added tiny red dots to give it more shape. But it still didn't look like a berry so I added high gloss varnish and let it dry naturally (usually I have the old hair dryer out) and a great thing happened...the varnish dried around the dots so they are still raised up and it really looks like a delicious & shiny red berry! Love when something unexpected happens like that.
This painting is available at my Etsy shop.