Sunday, March 29, 2009

Amazing Plants








It is gorgeous here today...finally! After 4 days of rain we woke up this morning to sunshine. Sam slept until 9:00 am again today. We sure do hope it lasts. After breakfast we went to the Nature Center and walked around looking at the animals. We saw wolves, foxes, sea otters, a cougar and Sam got to pet a goat. We went on one of the nature trails and I saw these amazing plants that look like tiny umbrellas. I took a ton of pics. I fell in love with them. If anyone knows what they are please let me know. I'd love to plant them in our garden...once we actually have a garden.

I finished a new painting yesterday. I'll post it tomorrow.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh I can see why you fell in love with them ~ they are wonderful!! so happy to get your happy email! love to you. Outi and I went to Tender Greens this week and thought of you!

Jacqueline said...

Oh wow Melissa they are gorgeous! So happy that sunny days are here for you! Hope your weekend was good and have a lovely merry happy monday! Love to you!

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

They are amazing! Was about to ask you what they are called- I hope you find out.
They would work perfectly in one of your paintings wouldn't they- with your little characters sheltering under them? :)

outi harma said...

they are beautiful Melissa, look like plant out of your paintings.
You took some good photos of them too.
Yeah, we really missed you this week with Marisa in tender greens!
xoxo
outi

katuah said...

Mayapple.