Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Original Painting - "beautiful once"


"beautiful once"

Today's daily drawing is actually a painting. I finished it last night. I don't think I've ever painted with so little color but I wanted to keep it neutral. I've had this color combo in my head for a while now. But while I was waiting for the shiny teardrops to dry I painted another piece of wood a bright vermilion red/orange and just loved the way they looked together. I contemplated painting one of the teardrops orange but I decided to stick with the original idea and keep it just gray, black & silver. The gray is on the warm side though. Neutral gray is just too depressing!

I did several more drawings last night so stay tuned. I am loving this new prolific me. I just hope it lasts!

Happy Wednesday!

Oh yea, this painting is available at my Etsy store.

No comments: