Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother's Day Approaching

"welcome beautiful Kira"
"Welcome to the family tree, Jack Howard"

I have just finished this year's Mother's Day paintings and will release these on Tuesday. But I thought I'd share two paintings that I recently completed. One was a gift for my dear friends Luis and Amber and their beautiful daughter Kira. The other was a commission for a wonderful woman (Teresa) in honor of her new grandson Jack Howard.

I really enjoyed painting these two and my new paintings. This holiday (although invented by Hallmark) really means a lot. My son Sam is turning 5 in a couple of months and is going to kindergarten in the fall. Sniff, sniff. Time is flying by. It really is such a joy to be a mommy.

Happy early Mother's Day to all you amazing mom's out there. Especially my own.

1 comment:

The Little Cloth Rabbit said...

These are so gorgeous!

Evie's nearly 2 now and I can't quite believe how the time has flown by!

Happy Mother's Day!

x