Friday, June 12, 2009

Goodbye, Ten Women!


The day I hung my work at Ten Women back in 2005

The time has come to say goodbye to the my first gallery...Ten Women Gallery in Venice, CA. Because it's a co-op gallery it has become too difficult for me to manage my space from Asheville so I gave notice a month ago and my work will not be shown there anymore. Being a part of Ten Women was an amazing experience. I got to experiment with new work and different price points which was invaluable. And, most importantly, I got to meet some amazing artists and friends...especially Cathy Nichols, Outi Harma and Marisa Haedike. I really miss the days when the four of us used to go out to dinner at a local Thai place after the monthly meetings. Oh, those were the days...

Thank you, Ten Women! And thank you to Cathy, Outi and Marisa for always being there for me.

4 comments:

Christophe said...

So sad! the end of an era! :( but the beginning of a new one, right? :)

outi harma said...

It was good those dinners at the Thai place!
xoxo

pixie said...

i visited ten women when i was in marina del ray a few years ago and i just fell in love with it. many happy returns!

Marisa and Creative Thursday said...

Oh I miss the Thai dinners too ~ on to new and exciting adventures for you and your art!!
xoxo