Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bat!

Okay, it has been a crazy 24 hours. Last night my husband heard a rustling behind our blinds in our bedroom and he went to investigate and a bat flew out! I was pretty much already asleep when this happened and woke up to my husband's strange-sounding voice saying "Oh my god!!" Well, needless to say I didn't go back to sleep for a while. We ended up sleeping on an air mattress in my studio. We couldn't find the bat last night but my husband found it this morning under one of the flaps of the blind. It was really creepy looking. We tried to capture it but it got away and I let out a scream that I don't think I've ever heard before. Blood-curdling, I would call it. Anyway, animal control came out to get it this morning. Phew! Crazy night. We are definitely country folk now.

I wish I had gotten a picture of it for the post but every time I think of it I get chills so maybe it's a good thing that I'm sparing all of you.

No comments: